We have just received the exciting news that Mosquito Barrier is now approved for use on controlling ticks in Canada.
Using Mosquito Barrier at the same rate as labelled for mosquitoes will provide excellent results.
Tips on Spraying for Ticks:
- Keep grass mowed short and rake all leaves.
- Spray grass, shrubs, underneath shrubs, under decks, porches and any wood piles.
- Apply in May and into June when nymphs are most active.
- Mix 30 ml Mosquito Barrier with 1 litre of water.
- To keep ticks off horses, cows and other grazers mix a solution of 5 – 6% (50 – 60 ml with 1 litre of water). Spray the bottom half of the animal’s tail, legs and torso.
Additional tips for creating a tick and mosquito safe zone around your house:
- Empty objects that can collect water like flower pots and bird baths.
- Clear tall grass and brush around homes and at the edge of lawns.
- Place a 3 ft wide barrier of wood chips or gravel between lawns and wooded areas to restrict tick migration into recreational areas.
- Keep playground equipment, decks and patios away from yard edges and trees.
- Discourage animals like deer, raccoons and stray dogs from entering your yard.